A Orange County CyberKnife, February is one of our favorite months – and no, it’s not because of Valentine’s Day. February is National Cancer Prevention Month, and we think this is one of the most important causes around. As a premier cancer treatment facility in Orange County, we spend every day helping people overcome cancer through high-quality treatment, and we’re proud to say we’ve helped countless patients beat cancer and reclaim their normal lives. That said, the best way to fight cancer is to prevent it from developing in the first place – and that’s what makes National Cancer Prevention Month so important.
Steps You Can Take to Prevent Cancer
Cancer is one of the most common diseases in American adults, but with careful preventative measures, many people can avoid it entirely. There are as many ways to prevent cancer as there are forms of cancer, but there are a number of general steps you can take to prevent cancer:
- Eat Right: A healthy, balanced diet high in whole foods and low in processed, sugary, and carbohydrate-heavy foods is one of your best ways to prevent cancer. Eating healthy improves nearly every aspect of your physical health, and cancer is no exception.
- Exercise: Another great thing is to maintain a regular habit of cardiovascular exercise. Regular exercise boosts your metabolism, immune function, brain, and heart health, helping to keep your whole body healthier.
- Avoid Alcohol & Tobacco: Alcohol and tobacco consumption are two of the most common causes of cancer, and minimizing or eliminating your intake can help keep you cancer-free.
- Wear Sunscreen: Skin cancer is among the most common forms, and sunscreen is your best bet at preventing it. Be sure to cover up and apply sunscreen every time you expose yourself to the sun.
- Get Checked Regularly: Outside of prevention, the best way to fight cancer is through early detection and treatment. Talk with your doctor to discuss your risk level for cancer, and get their recommendation on how frequently you should be checked for various kinds of cancer. Regularly attending cancer screenings helps you catch cancer early on when you still have the best chance of successfully treating it.
Contact Your Orange County, CA Cancer Treatment Facility
Preventing, detecting, and treating cancer early on are the best possible ways of fighting it, and we hope you’ll take advantage of National Cancer Prevention Month to learn more about the early signs of cancer and take the steps necessary to prevent yourself from developing it. If you do develop cancer or a loved one is diagnosed with cancer, Orange County CyberKnife is here to help. We’re proud to provide world-class cancer treatment to patients throughout the Orange County area, and our CyberKnife treatment uses some of the most advanced technologies in the world to treat cancers of the prostate, lungs, liver, breast, brain, and more. If you’d like to find out more about CyberKnife or schedule a consultation for yourself or a loved one, we encourage you to call us at 714.962.7100 or reach out to us at our contact page. We hope to hear from you soon, and we hope you have a happy, healthy National Cancer Prevention Month.